Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max discovered his reflection yesterday and was howling at it. I wasn't home so I didn't get to see it but my daughter was here and she said she could hear Max howling and went to see what was going on. He was in my bedroom in front of the full-length mirror howling at his reflection. When she walked up behind him he stopped howling and tilted his head to the side as if he was trying to figure out how she got in there. It sounded so funny when she told me about it I wish I would of been here to see it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's funny.

Venus just walks up to the mirror and sticks her nose on it.. There are basset nose prints all over the bottom of the mirrors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I sometimes stand behind José in the mirror & he will look at me in the mirror and if I get closer to his side he will turn to see me. I get the feeling that he feels very full of himself that he "understands" the mirror!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I remember when Lily first noticed her reflection. She saw a dog staring at her in the fireplace glass. She cocked her head to the side several times and then started barking and jumping at it. Certianly fun to watch. I don't know what Gibbs would do with his reflection. I'll have to give it a try.

~Heather

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Biscuit loved his little friend in the mirror. He would sit at the mirror wagging his tail, tongue lolling bubba-ishly, just delighted at how personable his little friend was. :)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The day we brought Ruby home from the breeder, she saw her reflection in the dishwasher door and went running towards it full speed ahead and was shocked when she bumped her nose on it! Poor baby thought it was her littermate!

Years later, I would get her to look into the full length mirror in the bedroom and she doesn't seem to see herself but goes crazy with excitement when she sees me in it. :lol:

AND...something real funny! I had a hand held big magnifying glass out and I had it pointed at Ruby's face while looking at her. She could see my face all big too and she got sooooo excited! Was running all over the place and coming back to see me. You really had to be here...it's now going to be one of our daily games.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts