Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has nothing to do with Basset Hounds and I am sorry about that. But Mattie's brother the cat was diagnose with Diabetes today!! Its bad too. His numbers were really low, going to start him on insulin tomorrow. Hopefully that helps but nobody is sure at this point. Vet said he could only have 2 to 3 months. :( I know Mattie will be lost without him too, that is who Mattie eats dinner with every night. My heart is breaking just thinking about. I got to get in a postive mind frame but its hard.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Have faith. My cat was diagnosed with cancer in her intestine about 3 years ago. She had lost half her body weight and wasn't well enough to undergo surgery and the chemo that would follow. I felt it was too cruel to put her through that when the vet said it may only buy her a couple of months. Without it, she was given a month to live. As I said, that was 3 years ago and she's sitting right here next to me, age 14. She's never shown further signs of cancer (knock on wood) and I'm not sure that what they saw in the ultrasound was actually cancer. I'm glad I went with my gut on this, as she surely wouldn't be with me today.

Vets know a lot, but they are human and sometimes the best thing they can do is make an educated guess. Cherish your time with your cat and hope for the best. Best wishes to you all :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that!!! I know I am going do everything to make Jack life the best possible no matter how long he has left. I feel like I owe him that.. I guess I am still coming to grips with it since I just found out today. I had no clue he was sick. He had lost weight but.. he is 11 years old and that's what happens sometimes. I guess I will see what tomorrow hold when we go back to vet!! I just know I am going to enjoy and love him the time I have left with him no matter how long it is.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You know, it serves as a reminder to love and cherish every day we have with all our 4-legged babies, whether they are sick or well. Every time they are naughty or make us laugh, we should remember how lucky we are to have them.

Keep us posted on Jack's progress :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts