Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month old male basset has a lump/growth/mass the size of a baseball near the base of his penis. It is not attached to the penis (I'm not referring to the bulbus glandis) but rather attached to his body. The base of the penis is just the best way to describe the location. The mass feels kind of lumpy. It is not near the scrotum (he is neutered and both testicles descended normally and were removed). I have another adult male dog (not basset) also neutered and I felt the same area on him. It seems he has tissue there that feels the same, however it's very, very small. So I'm guessing this tissue is a normal part of the anatomy, however in my basset it's overgrown for some reason. I wish I had another male basset to compare to. I think it is not normal, but feeling the same texture of tissue in my other male dog makes me second guess. Of course I'll take him to a vet on Monday (he's not in pain) but I was wondering if anyone else has had such an experience with a male basset. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm wondering if it's maybe an inguinal hernia?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that this is an old post, but I have an update for this. My dog had a similar issue. I know that all livings that have a soul are a little bit similar and cures for humans can work for dogs. I found a cure that worked for my dog on this andrology community. I found there a dude that had a similar problem and I tough that it will work for my dog and I tried it and it somehow worked. I used a special cream that you need to apply it on the infection. I applied that cream for 2 days on my dog’s penis and it was cured. I am really happy that my dog is now healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts