Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Basset Hound, but what aSHOCKING thing to do... why didn't he take his dog to a dog's home rather than let him out of the car and drive off???? He must have never been walked as his nails were so long they were digging into his pads... poor thing!

Video: Man caught on CCTV abandoning lame dog - Telegraph

UK police are seeking a suspect caught on security camera footage abandoning a dog near the offices of British Marine Technology in Weymouth last Friday. The footage shows him getting into the back seat of the car, suggesting that at least two other people were present. Ginger attempted to chase the car, but a limp caused her to stop as her heartless owner drove away.

Ginger, a Shetland cross terrier and about eight-years-old, is in the custody of the Weymouth and Portland Borough Council. The council is trying to find a home for the dog, and trying to find the man responsible for dumping her. Ian Lewis, the local dog warden, said “Her claws were overgrown to the extent they were digging into her pads, which was causing her to limp with pain. I have spoken to the RSPCA who said they will be seeking prosecution.” He looks sweet natured too... how cruel to leave a dog!!! :(

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Happens all the time, especially out in the country. I just had a ginger kitty abandoned near my house, I was planning to try to pick him up but he was hit by a car before I could.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Last year someone in New Bedford MA threw a Chihuahua from a moving car window. The morons were later caught. A friend of mine waited for hours in a long line for the chance to adopt the little chihuahua girl but was too late (she recieved an interview from a local TV crew and got her fifteen minutes of fame for having a big heeart). The abused pup had already won the heart of a shelter worker and was adopted. A happy ending to a horrifying event that recieved lots of media attention in our area. The idiots actually attempted to regain custody of the poor little girl, claiming that it was an accident (witnesses said otherwise). Thankfully the legal attempt was denied and the morons faced charges for what they did. Occasionally the justice system works...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's even more shocking to toss a poor we dog out of a car window, especially if it's moving!!! :(

What always astounds me is that whenever something like this happens or whenever a couple of homeless dogs are featured on TV or a newpaper, hundreds of people all clamour for the dog... yet WHY AREN'T THESE SAME PEOPLE VISITING THEIR LOCAL DOG HOME to rehome one of the hundreds of unwanted dogs? :rolleyes:

If they were keen enough to want to rescue a dog, there's plenty who have been caged up in homes for many months!!!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Happens all the time, especially out in the country. I just had a ginger kitty abandoned near my house, I was planning to try to pick him up but he was hit by a car before I could.
This is true. I remember there was a dog in the shelter I volunteer at not long ago that had a similar story. Her owner was driving a pickup truck, stopped, got out, put the dog on the ground and drove off. The dog chased the car but eventually gave up. Someone happened to see the whole thing and rescued her.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Some people... you just want to abandon them out on the side of the highway and let them fend for themselves with no food, water or money. It's really sad that they think that's acceptable. Take it to a rescue or a shelter at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts