Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink:
Is there any sense to people who lose their dog and haven't done anything about it. My friend is keeping a puppy basset that has wandered off and I find it amazing that there has not been any effort by the owner in contacting local shelters.. When I called the shelter to see if anyone has reported it, the shelter said, "You know, its early in the morning"
I would have been camping by the door for when they open up... There is no chip either.. The shelter scanned him and nothing came up.. I just find it frustrating. Just venting..
maryf

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It's possible he was dumped. It's great that you and your friend are trying to help this pup. If no one comes forward to claim him, and neither of you can give him a home, I would contact the basset rescue in your area to see if they can place him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's possible he was dumped. It's great that you and your friend are trying to help this pup. If no one comes forward to claim him, and neither of you can give him a home, I would contact the basset rescue in your area to see if they can place him.[/b]
My friend who has the pup is part of Tri-state rescue.. I am also... I just wish if he was let go, they should have brought him to a shelter... We're hoping a local vet will give him a stool test for a reasonable price to see if he is alright.
thanks for responding.
mary f

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This breaks my heart. I wonder that about my Gibbs. I got him the day after his 2 week stay in doggie jail. I think he was dumped. He has a crooked leg and I think his previous owners thought that he was going to cost them too much money because of his "deformity" and so they dumped him. He is a wonderful dog and I wouldn't change anything about him. Thank you for helping out this dog. I too would search high and low if my dog were missing, I just don't understand it.

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts