Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

Maggie seem sto be recovering fine after her spay. When they brought her out from the back of the vet there was another family there picking up their cat. Maggie came out tail wagging and wanted to meet everyone (she loves strangers) and sat there while the other family's kids petted her.

She had some loose stool the first day, but yesterday and today have been fine. I figure it was either stress or the food they gave her for breakfast.

She's been pretty frisky and energetic yesterday. The vet said only short walks for the first two weeks so she isn't getting the exercise she usually gets. She seems bored and is getting into everything. So this morning I bought her a kong ball and stuffed a bunch of treats in it, she's been playing for a while now. I think I'll only give her limited access so she doesn't get bored of it.

When were your dogs okay for longer walks after being spayed?

Missjoy and Maggie

·
Registered
127 Posts
My vet had said 10-14 days before any long walks or being off-leash. I tried to keep Daisy quiet but gave up after 3 or 4 days. I did keep a close eye on her stitches and how excited she got. Glad Maggie recovered nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts