Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I lost my Maggie Mae. I am completely devestated by this. We left her for one hour to see a friend in the hospital today. As you all know, she had heart disease and was 15 years old in October. I feel like my child died. When we came in the door, she was lying in her usual stop in the family room. I knew as soon as I saw her. My Husband was sobbing terribly while trying to revive her but we knew she was already gone. I wanted all of you to know how much I enjoyed this board and sharing stories about her. I also loved hearing all your stories. My Husband and I just can't stop crying. We could never have children so she was the "baby" we could'nt have. I don't think I can visit this board again. It's just too painful. I'm asking for all your prayers. I don't know how I'm going to get through this. I know I will need some kind of grief help. I just can't believe she is gone. We had 15 wonderful years with an incredible hound. I called her breeder this afternoon and she listened to me cry my heart out. Please keep my Husband and I in your prayers and say a special prayer for my Maggie Mae who now is in heaven.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm so, so sorry. Maggie Mae was greatly loved and will be sorely missed. Take as much time as you need away, and then stop by when you're up to it. :(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so sorry. They are such a part of our lives that words cannot express the sorrow. My prayers are with you and your family. Maggie Mae will be waiting at the brige. yvonne

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am so sorry. It's so, so difficult to lose a beloved hound. I know this is not easy for you, as I have lost 2 myself. I know right now it doesn't seem like it, but soon you will be able to think of Maggie Mae and smile. She had a long and wonderful life with you, and she has not forgotten you. She is looking down on you from the Bridge, smiling. And maybe some day soon, Maggie will send you another special hound to share your life with. It can happen! I know because my JAMES sent my Cody to me, and I believe that without a doubt.

Again, you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious girl. May she rest in peace in the arms of an angel.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ohhh, I am so sorry!!! I don't even know what to say...I think all of us here know how much you loved her, and how hard this is for you. Maggie May had a lovely long life with you, and I don't think any one loved their basset more, just as she loved you.

Her poor old worn out body is at peace now, and she left you with wonderful memories. I hope IN TIME you dedicate a website to her, full of pictures, stories, etc.

And I know the support you are going to get from this board will be overwhelming. We have lost a favorite on Cyberhound once again. I'm crying too. She was a grand old girl...we all loved her.

Sandy :(

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am so terribly sorry in your loss. I know how sick at heart you are feeling... they take such a big part of our heart with them. Sending you many prayers-

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm so sorry for your loss. How incredibly sad for you. You'll be in my prayers

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot begin to tell you how incredibly sorry I am for your loss. I can only imagine how you are feeling. With Huck in the hospital, I felt almost panic at the thought of not having him. Please, after awhile and when you are stronger, let us know how you are. We all will miss dearest Maggie but it sounds as if she went peacefully. Please know that she's looking down at you saying "Thank you for a wonderful and loving life". God Bless.

Lynne & Huck

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are no words that can take away the pain now Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. She had a wonderful long long life and died peacefully We all know how much she meant to you and we all loved her also

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am so very sorry, and am crying with you as I type this. :( I know that nothing could be said right now to make you feel any better, but please know that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that in time you will find the strength to get through the incredible grief you are feeling at losing your beautiful baby.

I will light a candle for Maggie Mae tonight.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loss of a loved one is so very hard and Maggie Mae was certainly loved. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My husband and I have both cried our hearts out when we have lost a beloved pet. They are indeed a part of our family.

It took us a few years before we were ready to open up our hearts again to another dog because we knew doing so was also opening ourselves us to this deep grief that losing them brings.

What has kept us going through the grief was knowing we gave our dog a happy healthy life where he was spoilt rotten, and the memories of the wonderful years we shared.

Maggie Mae had no regrets, she had wonderful parents who adored her and spoilt her that led to her living a long, rich life. Your faithful friend will be waiting at the bridge until you are one day reunited.

Remember the good times you shared and know in your heart she is at peace.

God Bless.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm very sorry. But what a wonderful, long life she had! Treasure the memories of good times. I'm sure you did the very best for her.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my last little guy at 11 years. I cried as you are right now, thinking the pain would never let up.

Eventually, three years later, I found Belvedere. Perhaps you can think about that sometime down the road. But for now, you have your memories and photos ...and you know for sure that you gave Maggie Mae a wonderful life. That knowledge helped me get through the pain.

·
Registered
694 Posts
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart."

Helen Keller

Her memory will forever live on in your heart. Godspeed to the bridge, sweet Maggie Mae. Her star will be the brightest above your house, looking over you always.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Her exceptionally long life is a testament to your love and devotion to a cherished companion.I am so, so sorry for your loss, and wish you and your husband peace.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. :( Stay away from the board for as long as you need to but do stop by when you're able to say hello. We'll miss you as we will Maggie Mae.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts