Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She was one of two dog involved in jumping a hare from a brush pile and couple of check where she actual opened (barked) was quite a breakthrough for her. Now with a bit more experience hopefully she will open a little earlier than right on top of a bunny but it was a big leap from looking for something but not really knowing what, that she was at a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
That's great! Sounds like someone's about to develop a new dog sport interest! :)

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great! Sounds like someone's about to develop a new dog sport interest! :)[/b]
Intrest has always been there it is about oportunity. The oportunity is still limited in this area. as Miriam (aka soundtrack and Macey's breeder) will atest she is a very smart dog and a quick study. She is the most astute dog I have had at learning by observing other dogs. She has only had 6 hours in the field and two of those were with dogs of equal or less experience. It is a testament to her instincts and intelligence she has done as well as she has. The fact the fun field trial was in a starter pen didn't hurt either She still has quite a ways to go to be as good as Buni and other quality field trial dogs.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Way to go !!!!!!!! Macey has the idea, now as you said, she needs practice. Many bassets are capable of hunting, if they get a chance.
Sorry I couldn't make it. Too many family things going on and I ahve spent quite abit of money hauling Kurli around to all the AHBA hunts since she is in a tight race for high point hound of the year.
If any one wants to try their basset in the field, we are going to be running at the E-town beagle club in PA on Dec.13 & 14
The grounds are fully fenced, so we can't lose a dog

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way to go !!!!!!!! Macey has the idea, now as you said, she needs practice. Many bassets are capable of hunting, if they get a chance.
Sorry I couldn't make it. Too many family things going on and I ahve spent quite abit of money hauling Kurli around to all the AHBA hunts[/b]

If your brough your crew we still might be Trialing :lol:

I thing Kurli was a big influence in her rutting in the brush pile intially

·
Registered
162 Posts
Way to go Macey and Mike! Hopefully you'll come to some AHBA Hunts! I'll be back to them next year with my future new puppy (John Meahl is the breeder). Can't wait! Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You had a fun hunt??? How many bassets showed up? Thats so great, she found a bunny! Hope to see you next year at some field trials!

Good Luck with the RI bunnies!

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You had a fun hunt??? How many bassets showed up? Thats so great, she found a bunny! Hope to see you next year at some field trials!

Good Luck with the RI bunnies![/b]

27 dogs which is on the low side but they overwelming vast majorty are clueless about hunting. Which means they haven't been exposed to it with experenced dogs that know what they are doing to learn from

It was quite eveniden howver Macey need to be litterally on top of the bunny before opening so she still need a lot more experince,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts