Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it seems MikeyT isn't going to brag, I thought I should mention that he and Macey took first place at the Rochester field trial last weekend. :)

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
That would be First place on Sunday only she was Fifth on Saturday and was very very luck to get the Win. not that it was not deserved but a whole lot of circumstances lined up just right.

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Maybe Mariam will when she is down in a few hours but it is simply a printed Piece of paper that say Frist Place. At a different hunt She got a silver medal for second place. tO KEEP COSTS LOW the prizes are far from spectacular.

Are there pictures of the winners?
on sunday only open class had enough dog to run no pictures.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Congratulations! I'm in awe, and aspire to getting my 2 Bassets to be able to do 1/100th of what Macey will do for you ( I realize its me, not them). Right now I'm good with "sit", "down," "shake," and "rollover." "Stay" needs some work!

You and Macey make it look easy. And fun!

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Right now I'm good with "sit", "down," "shake," and "rollover." "Stay" needs some work!
there is two on that list that mine do not do. Mine are by no means perfect and I would not have it any otherway.
but the think is if it is not fun it ain't going to work.
[URL="http://www.clickerdogs.com/trainingreminders.htm]Say Yes Training Reminders[/url]
Work=play=work. All play is fun and so all work should be as well. If your dog makes a decision during play (example he grabs his toy without being invited to do so) you are reinforcing his right to make decisions during working with you as well (ahh, maybe I will chase the cat rather then practice A Frames right now!).

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Congratulations to you both on a great weekend

1 - 16 of 16 Posts