Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby girl, Rosie, went to the bridge Tuesday, 6/7. She died from Lymphoma after undergoing chemo for 5 months. She did good on the chemo without getting sick or losing her fur until she had to have a cyst surgically removed from her back and couldn't take the chemo during healing.

Lymphoma is such a horrid disease. Rosie's vets were at the University of Georgia Vet Teaching School and they were wonderful to her. I saw many dogs of many breeds who had lymphoma.

I would like to know if lymphoma is prevalent in Bassets. I have heard that they and Golden Retrievers were predisposed to get lymphoma. Whatever information I can find I would like to compile and have on hand for anyone that needs this info and if I find anything of value would like to try to pass it on to someone who could help with a cure. If there is anyone on this forum who needs information, send me an email and I will be glad to tell you what I know.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have no answers to your questions, but want to send you my sympathies for your loss of Rosie. Losing our loved ones is so hard.

Lots of prayers and drool coming your wah.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
You can perform a search for "lymphoma" to locate additional information that has been posted on these forums. For example, I found this previous thread.

Canine Lymphoma--Heritable Risk Factors

Information on the Health Forum is archived indefinitely, while posts to the general forum are purged every few weeks. This is the reason we try to corral health-related threads in the health forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts