Basset Hounds Forum banner

Luther has a tumor and is awaiting surgery

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  shallhb 
#1 ·
Luther was looking like he was "hanging a little low" day before yesterday but since he is neutered and has all that skin it's hard to tell if something was wrong. We decided we would take him to the vet after work. My mother-in-law called to say he wouldn't eat breakfast or get up and his area was looking irritated. By the time we got home he had what appeared to be another one of his fatty cysts that had burst. So we loaded him up and went off to the vet. It turned out to be a tumor that had "dropped" and broken through the skin. It's easily the size of a donut hole and is vascular.

So the upshot is he is going in for laser surgery on Friday and then they will send the tumor out for a biopsy. We are ever hopeful that it is not cancer and he can use all of the healing thoughts you can spare. He is now quite active again and eating well. We are taking that as a good sign!

He does not, however, like the t-shirt he has to wear. :angry: He won't tolerate a cone and they usually won't fit anyway so we put a t-shirt on him and make extra leg holes in the back. Then we tie it up in a knot - I have to admit it looks quite silly but it is very effective.

#5 ·
:( Poor Luther! :( I hope his surgery will go well and that he will quickly heal. Sending lots of healing drool from Memphis, TN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.