Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday noticed a lump on Fred's face, kind of below her eye in her cheek area. Doesn't hurt her and feel squishy. It's about the size of a pea.

today lump is unchanged but now she is sneezing and snorting and sometimes does a slight hack. Eating, drinking, and activity level still through the roof.

I called her vet but this was before the sneezing/snorting and she is going in next week. She has a bordatella/kennel cough vaccination I did it myself beginning of this month. She went to the dog park once without the vaccine.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There is always an incubation period so it is possible she picked something up since she has an appointment go and see what they say.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! her appointment is wednesday.

her lump is still there no worse or better today. She isn't sneezing/snorting or coughing today but i'm keeping an eye on her. Will definetely bring it up. Her eyes have some discharge but it's been like that for awhile.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well Fred has been put on antibiotics finally and she got some type of shot too, to help with her coughing and hacking. So that's finally under control. Vet doesn't seem too worried about the lump though said it doesn't seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a rather large lump right now, My humans cant afford to get me into my vet today but did give me some benadryl. All the humans have been sick so i am hoping its just sinus preassure. My humans googled bassett with lump on face and found this awesome website. Very imformative!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts