Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. You know on your basset hounds...on both "cheeks" like a few inches below their eyes.... do your bassets have a small lump ...like maybe it's a gland of some sort? Emma has these small lumps on both cheeks...but one of them, the one below the eye socket of the eye she had removed in early April, is swollen.

Do any of you know if they in fact have glands on their face...and if so, why one would be swollen? I'm making an appt. for her today...but I'm not sure if I should take her to the Ophthamologist who did her eye surgery, or her regular vet? I'm not sure if one is related to the other--the swollen thing on her face and her eye being removed. Seems like if it had anything to do with her eye removal, it would have happened right after the surgery?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It could be a bad tooth as this can cause a swelling under the eye.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a bad tooth as this can cause a swelling under the eye.[/b]
I thought of that... I wonder if that's it? She doesn't seem to be bothered at all when eating. I think I'll call the Opthamologist and see if THEY want to see her or if they think she should go to her regular vet.

Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'll be interested in what they find on Emma. Maybe some kind of blockage? Let us know what's going on !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts