Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Tribute to Bogart the Boxer, Sept. 2000-Jan 2011

Bogart the Boxer crossed the rainbow bridge, Monday 1-31-2011, after a six month decline in health due to heart failure. He is survived by: His parents, who took very good care of him, taking him to a VET/cardiologist in a neighboring state for tests and care, made sure he got his medicine daily and ensured his quality of life was "full of love". Unknowningly, his Dad enjoyed a last walk with him on their old stomping grounds the day before he crossed the bridge. Him Mom, sister & K-nine sister hugged and kissed him with tender loving care. He spent his last weekend with Grammy George and extended family and enjoyed being close to humans and his K-9 sister ZeeZee. While ZeeZee the American Bull Dog will miss K-9 companionship, she will enjoy being the lone dog since she had a rough start in life, being neglected and mis-treated but thankfully rescued by a loving family. ABT/Lucy the Basset Hound has been waiting to welcome Bogart on the other side of the bridge since Oct. 09. She is happy to have her best friend join her for a romp on the other side.

Bogart will be missed by his loving family. His spirit will live in our hearts forever and he's waiting w/Lucy for us ATB.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Help

I am new to all of this and I do not see how to post a comment or concern. I am a member and I can see how to responed to your comments, but how do I start one? I know I am missing something. Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

But your loss is Lucy's gain...I love that you take that perspective on it. That's how I cope when I lose a pet. Much love to you and all who loved Bogart.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind words of sympathy. Loosing my grand-dog has reminded me of the heartbreak when they cross the bridge. Makes me question why I want to bring home another one. Hope my doubt passes quickly!

I'll need to read some of the happy time threads.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I like the way you said all of that,it is a personal thing ,yet to share.My prayers for all who will miss him.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
When my dog Zoey died last June, after having her for almost 12 years, my heart was broken too. I swore I'd never get another dog because I never wanted to feel that pain again.

Then I felt such a void. Some people need years to want another dog. I knew after 2 months that I needed to have a dog. Not a replacement for Zoey, but a new friend to make new memories with. That's when I met Molly.

Maybe your doubt will pass, maybe it won't. You'll know when it's time and who that new friend will be. That's just the miracle of it all.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always a very personal decision when you may or may not be able to open your heart to another dog. I myself will likely never be without k9 companionship as I don't think my life would feel whole without it. When I lose my Roxie I will truly be devastated as she has been our angel, she saved us when we thought we'd never be able to make it. Thankfully we now have her daughter who is her near clone in personality and many other aspects. So hopefully the love will still endure no matter what. I guess I feel as though they wouldn't want me to be sad in letting them go and would want me to share my love with another dog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts