Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to work over on Friday. My 16 year old son let Beau out to potty (as he does not do the doggy door) and fed the crew before he left for a friends house. I got home at almost midnight and couldn't find Beau. Some how Beau had got out the doggy door but couldn't figure out how to get back in! It was in the teens and he was so cold! I have no idea how long he had been out there! He was shivering. I put a heavy blanket under him and then I laid right next to him with a blanket over us for almost an hour to warm him. He finally warmed up and fell into a deep sleep. His snores were a welcome sound that night! He seems no worse for the wear and is doing fine. Even at 13 he is pretty hardy! I am going to start using the gate again and seperating him so that doesn't happen again. yvonne

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You must feel awful, but alls well that ends well- Beau probably loved being cuddled in the blanket and having some extra attention.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Oh, that happened to me once with Biscuit and Yogi! They wanted to go potty in the middle of the night and it was very cold and I was exhausted.

And I don't remember what happened --- I do recall letting them out and apparently, I thought it would be okay for me to just lie down for one second while they pottied.

But one second turned into most of the night. And they were two freaked out frozen doggies when I woke up and realized what I'd done.

I felt horrible! But they were okay. I was in much worse shape.

Make Beau some nice chicken soup to make up to him. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts