Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were running the hounds at the local beagle club when Kurli and Sunny jumped a deer and took off. Sunny came back about one hour later. Kurli still wasn't back when I left about 45 minutes after that. I figured she would be waiting for me when I returned. She wasn't!!! Started to drive around looking for her. I noticed some activity at the church camp about one mile from the club. Knowing my bassets, I decided to check and sure enough, she had been there. they called the number on her collar, but nobody was home. They called the local police and they came and got her. The cops called the county to trace the license and were told the dog belonged to somebody else. I am going to have to check this in the morning. I got her back from the police station. The officer who picked her up said the kids did not want her to go. When he went to get her, she was on a pillow under a blanket surrounded by teenagers.
The reason I don't really worry about my bassets is that they either backtrack them selves or Like Kurli, she probably heard the kids and went to say hello. My bassets either come back or find people.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I was so glad to see "almost" in the title of the thread.

Sounds like she had a wonderful adventure - but I'm happy she's home where she belongs. Hope you can straighten out the tag snafu!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Glad you found her. My girl Lily got out 1 time when we first moved her. Luckily she only went 2 doors down and they brought her home.

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts