Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

So we got our little daisy on Saturday. She’s 8 weeks. We are crate training her, she’s only in her crate at night and when the husband and I are at work, we have my mother in law coming over when we’re at work to let her out and just hangout for an hour or two.

Shes been doing pretty good in her crate at night, she does whine for about 20 mins and then she stops. I just feel so bad and it breaks my heart to hear her whine and I’m afraid that she’ll start to hate her crate. I know it’s a learning curve and it’s only been a couple of days.

We plan to not give in and let her out of her crate as she’s whining at night. We make sure before we go to bed that she’s gone potty.

other than that, she’s out of her crate all the time that we’re home or when we are not sleeping.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
see ClickerSolutions Training Articles -- Creating a Nighttime Ritual

·
Registered
9 year old Basset Hound
17 Posts
Hi!

So we got our little daisy on Saturday. She’s 8 weeks. We are crate training her, she’s only in her crate at night and when the husband and I are at work, we have my mother in law coming over when we’re at work to let her out and just hangout for an hour or two.

Shes been doing pretty good in her crate at night, she does whine for about 20 mins and then she stops. I just feel so bad and it breaks my heart to hear her whine and I’m afraid that she’ll start to hate her crate. I know it’s a learning curve and it’s only been a couple of days.

We plan to not give in and let her out of her crate as she’s whining at night. We make sure before we go to bed that she’s gone potty.

other than that, she’s out of her crate all the time that we’re home or when we are not sleeping.
Dear Daisy's Mom- Hang tough and keep using the crate for her training. It is the best way to go to teach her potty training which is hard with Bassets,usually. It sounds like she settles down after a little while and it is best for her ! Tucker's Mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts