Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in the North Houston Area that is looking for a Male to breed? I got a male basset 2 years of age. here are two pics. One when he was 8weeks and one at 2yrs of age.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Unless you have a dog with an impressive list of show wins - a Championship title even - to prove his quality, from me that's a don't. Once you have let him mate with a bitch, he will be looking for the next one who quite honestly, unless you do have a top winning dog to attract people with equally top quality bitches, won't be there. You'll be opening Pandora's Box.

I have no problem with anybody wanting to get into breeding, but the usual way to do this is to get your hands on as good a quality bitch as you can persuade a breeder to part with, rear her, put a Championship title on her (probably easier said than done here in the UK, but significant wins are needed) and then, with the advice of her experienced breeder, choose what is hoped to be the right stud dog for her. If it all goes to plan, then you start on a journey producing a recognisably good bloodline.

Love your boy for what he is - a nice pet boy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts