Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning I have a girl besset hound and looking for a boy... want to have puppies based in london

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Good morning I have a girl besset hound and looking for a boy... want to have puppies based in london

My first question back is why? Is your bitch top quality with wins to prove that? I'm assuming you are not looking to buy a male, but for a stud dog? In which case, assuming you do have a top quality bitch, and she has had her non breeding endorsement, which all good breeders put on the immature stock they sell, lifted, the original breeder of your bitch is the one to be advising you when it comes to a stud dog who will 'gel' with your bitch and not have the same faults as your bitch - they all have faults, but the secret to good breeding is not to double up on those faults, which will come through in their puppies.

Has your bitch had her goniogenesis test done? She needs that too before you think about taking a litter from her.

Finally, every time your bitch is put in whelp, her life is at risk. And Bassets don't often mate or whelp that easily. She may need a C.Section.
Please give this idea a lot more thought - those who know what they are doing don't normally have to come on a basically American forum like this, when looking for a suitable stud dog to use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts