Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cesar is a 10 year old Bassett. And I am a sick 63 year old owner with health problems. We bought Cesar when he was a pup. At that time my daughter was at home and we could take care of him together. But my daughter got married and left. She lives far away and cannot take the dog with her. So, I was left in charge. I have too many health problems and taking care of Cesar has become a burden for me. I love the dog but I can barely take care of me. I would like to find a family that will love him and care for him as we do. Cesar is a loving dog, housebroken and obedient. He just refuses to have his ears cleaned and I have to put a muzzle on him for this procedure. But other than that he loves being bathed. He spends most of the time in the house with the family but he is also in the backyard when we are not at home. I would like to find a family that has another basset so he can have a friend. We are in Paris,Texas, but no matter how far the family is. We could arrange sending Cesar.
If anyone interested, let me know here.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Please get back to his breeder, if still around. Most good breeders have a life-time take back clause in their sale contract. Alternative, contact Basset Rescue where you are? Alternatively I have a good breeder- friend living in Texas who may be able to help. They are listed on the BHCA breeders lists.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The breeder just sells dogs. Doesn't want them back. The Bassett Rescue have already told me that they cannot adopt dogs the owner cannot keep. I would have to abandon him near their offices and then perhaps they would 'rescue' him. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Again if you could arrange to send Cesar somewhere (without checking first?), why can't you do the same so he goes to your daughter :confused: At lease he'd know her and you'd know he's gone to a good home for the remainder of his life!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Bassett Rescue have already told me that they cannot adopt dogs the owner cannot keep. I would have to abandon him near their offices and then perhaps they would 'rescue' him. Thank you.
Contact GABR (https://bassetrescue.org) they will take him if no one else will. They have the resources to transport him back to Illinois and care for him. They will insure he gets a good forever home. We are members and have adopted several bassets from them so I speak with firsthand experience with them. They are the best! As our motto says "It's all about the dogs!".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cesar is a 10 year old Bassett. And I am a sick 63 year old owner with health problems. We bought Cesar when he was a pup. At that time my daughter was at home and we could take care of him together. But my daughter got married and left. She lives far away and cannot take the dog with her. So, I was left in charge. I have too many health problems and taking care of Cesar has become a burden for me. I love the dog but I can barely take care of me. I would like to find a family that will love him and care for him as we do. Cesar is a loving dog, housebroken and obedient. He just refuses to have his ears cleaned and I have to put a muzzle on him for this procedure. But other than that he loves being bathed. He spends most of the time in the house with the family but he is also in the backyard when we are not at home. I would like to find a family that has another basset so he can have a friend. We are in Paris,Texas, but no matter how far the family is. We could arrange sending Cesar.
If anyone interested, let me know here.
I’m interested cam u send me pictures

1 - 8 of 8 Posts