Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only one I know of who has any puppies right now would be Olde Fashion Bassets out of West Bend, WI. I don't know if she has any still available though as I know she was flooded with requests. She may know of someone in your area though who may have puppies available.

www.oldefashion.com

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm... would I go with them, No. There dogs do at least appear to be dogs that look relatively close to the standard at least which is more than I can say for some of the websites people have posted here. The thing I always look for in a breeder's website though is if they mention any testing they do on their dogs and I want to see pedigrees listed as well. There is no reason to hide the pedigree. I want to see some sort of titles in the lineage of the pedigree, preferrably from both parents at least and if not then I want to see quite a few titles in the previous generations. Just my opinion but I wouldn't go for them, I'd keep looking. I know it's hard in this day and age of "I want it now" but you really will be much happier finding a good and reputable breeder and waiting for a puppy from them rather than just jumping in cause someone, anyone has puppies ready for sale now. Trust me on that one... I've gone that route before and paid dearly (in the pocketbook and the heartstrings) for it in the end and lost her at 3 1/2.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just heard from Jane and she had a few of her buyers back out so I know for sure she has a few boys available at the moment but I'm not sure about the girls. They would all be tricolor as both parents are black tris. Fabulous breeding though and both parents are spectacular specimens... these puppies are actually very closely related to my puppies I had as the mother of the litter is the littermate of the stud we used and the father (sire of the litter) is my girl's father. Therefore they are very close genetically and I honestly can tell you this is one of the nicest matches I could have hoped for. Our girl is naughty as heck mind you but all three of our puppies are as dynamic as we could have ever hoped for and two of the three will likely end up in the ring.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes it seems everyone always wants the girls and I can understand as I know I do love my girls too but I can tell you there is one stand out boy of that litter who is still available from what I just saw. Smiley is one of the nicest and most outgoing of the puppies of that litter and he's still available. I'd say if you ever would consider a boy it should be that one. Now that aside I know she did also just breed one other female to Jimmie the stud we used and those should be some really nice puppies as well so perhaps if you don't find a suitable puppy in the meantime there may be a nice girl in that litter for you. I believe she was bred a few weeks ago so should be due in about a month and a half or so and beleive me that time goes by way too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.