Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, Button won "Longest Ears in the Northern Neck" at the AWL's annual "Doggone Dog Show". He wanted to let you all know that he was getting into condition for the next show in September. I think his chances are pretty good, what do you think? (Yes, we washed his ears that day) :lol: He drags them through the backyard after eating--yuck!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why, yes, we measured them. One of our bank's branch managers was the official judge and he measured them (last Sept.) to be 8 3/4 long. Elmer came in a close second with 8 1/2. Of course, they were both wiggling and squirming during the measuring process, so who knows? My husband just tried to measure them tonight, and we think they are 9" long.

As far as a picture of them "down", check out "Pictures of Button" on page two of the discussion forum. The first one is pretty good.

Ears to a good week for all! [/quote]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where do you measure from? Hubby and I just measured Rosie's years from the top lumpy bit to the bottom and they measured 9" :shock: ....Pretty good ey :lol:
Will try to take photo with tape measure, (TRY being the operative word)!!

Claire

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we just measured from the top of where it grows from the head to the tips; and you are RIGHT, TRY is the operative word!

:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts