Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to believe Lollypop is 6 months old and we have had her 4 months already! She was spayed today. I dropped her off at 8 and picked her up at 1:30. The first 2 hours she slept, and while she is still very sleepy, she cries a little when she is awake. I have 4 pain killers to give her starting tomorrow morning with breakfast. If she is in pain this evening, would it be alright to give her a painkiller tonight? She has not had anything to eat since 8 o'clock last night and she is not supposed to have anything until breakfast tomorrow. Is whimpering normal? Breaks my heart to hear her cry in the slightest! :(

·
Registered
203 Posts
Poor Lollypop!! I am sure she is in pain. Hopefully tomorrow she will feel better. I was lucky with Mattie that the vet kept her over night after she got spayed. Even though it broke my heart to leave her. Sorry, I don't really know what is normal or not.

But I will tell Mattie to say a quick Hound prayer for Lollypop tonight so she will feel better tomorrow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your best wishes! She is much BETTER this a.m., but I fear she may be TOO active. I'm afraid she will hurt her staples. How much exercise can we allow her to have?

·
Registered
203 Posts
It has been a couple of years since Mattie got spayed but I would think Lollypop knows her limited on how much and what she can do. I wouldn't take her for walks or anything like that until her staples comes out. I would just let her play at her own speed and I would try to prevented her from jumping cause jumping could rip her staples out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts