Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed many have not put in their city and state info so it show up.. It would be nice to know who is close by to set up basset play meets.

How about adding regional forums, or is there a members list option on this forum, like is available on VBportal forums?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agreed :)
I live in WNY.
Halfway between Buffalo and Rochester...
Would love to know if anyone is nearby- I am looking for a stud in august and also just playmates for my crazel hazel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just a thought, but some people are leery of putting where they live on a forum due to possible security risks. I just say I live in East Tennesse to be safe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought, but some people are leery of putting where they live on a forum due to possible security risks. I just say I live in East Tennesse to be safe.
If someone can find you because you by your city and state and the fact you have a basset, you live in WAY too small a town!!
So put in the nearest big city and state. Close enough for people to decide whether to contact you personally about meeting..

That being said, East TN, works, not that big an area.

And HHHmmmmm, from looking at the places everyone says they are from, so far no one is near anyone else. Even the two from NY are 3 hours away from each other.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My boyfriend travels alot to illinois and the adirondack region.
He is the president of his hunting club (bluetick coonhounds)
and I would like to get hazel into a few shows.
I don't think that Binghamton is all that far from me??
I live in Attica NY...yes near the prison..haha don't get any ideas people!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Heck,
I don't know how it works but I saw on Criminal Minds how a stalker found the person they were hunting by knowing only the city/town & state-I probably watch too much TV!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'd love to go to one of those basset picnics I've seen on youtube and such. I live in the Dallas TX area.

·
Registered
297 Posts
We have Bassetfest in Muskego WI every last weekend in August. It is a benefit for Basset Buddies Rescue and is the high light of our year. I always take flack for it as it is the same day as another Basset Clubs BHCA regional show and my girl is a show dog as well. I always tell them... she's a show dog on other weekends but that weekend she just gets to be a plain old basset and enjoy running with all the other bassets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts