Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
rest of liter

front center Mom Leila CAN CH Soundtrack Almost Paradise , Front Left Xena Soundtrack Warrior Princess BN RE NJP NFP SDPRO CGC TKP, Back left to Right
Apollo; Artemis, GCH DC Soundtrack Beemac Calif Girl RN; Hermione, DC Soundtrack Spellbound RI; Eowyn, FC Soundtrack Rain Dance RN NAP NJP; Sheldon,CH Soundtrack Mr Tambourine Man

in this litter 3 Conformation champions, 3 Field Champions, 2 with agility titles , 4 with rally titles, 1 obedience title and 2 just need 1 more leg for Obedience titles, and 1 Trick/Stunt dog.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
A lot of that photo and how big he is, would depend on how big his owner is. However, IF he is 100 lbs, that's huge - and I thought our Frankie was a big hound .... 35 kg (you do the conversion to lbs but I'd think that's about 70- ish?)

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of that photo and how big he is, would depend on how big his owner is. However, IF he is 100 lbs, that's huge - and I thought our Frankie was a big hound .... 35 kg (you do the conversion to lbs but I'd think that's about 70- ish?)

dexter and lulu a few year ago

Had a couple of my "kids" come in for grooming today. Lulu (tri) is a normal sized basset. Then there's Dexter (red). 17" and 95 lbs - not fat. I have no idea what happened there, I've never produced anything that big before. Fortunately he's a big loveable goof. .

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Maybe she is a small basset!!? Or a little smaller than 'normal' (whatever that is as the only criteria in the American Breed Standard is height at withers). And he's a little bigger than normal ......... Devil's avocate me:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
dexter and lulu a few year ago

Had a couple of my "kids" come in for grooming today. Lulu (tri) is a normal sized basset. Then there's Dexter (red). 17" and 95 lbs - not fat. I have no idea what happened there, I've never produced anything that big before. Fortunately he's a big loveable goof. .
Either way they all look very healthy

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
No, he really is huge. 17 inches, 100 pounds and NOT fat.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I have to say we have one, a bitch, who I'd sold as a pet from one litter, who came back to visit. I was horrified to see how on the leg she was. there was no sign of that when I sold her at 10 weeks. I never knew where that came from and rather awkwardly, her owned started suggesting she wasn't purebred!!! I suppose there's always a chance of a throwback. Oh the 'fun' of breeding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts