My Ernest is still limping, lame in his front right leg. It's so bad the cats are being nice to him which is good. My concern is that I've read on the net about vet's wrongly diagnosing Bassets with structural ailments and recommending unnecessary, often harmful surgery. Still should I go to the vet, or wait? I would love some input on this. I'm thinking I'll go to the vet tomorrow if he's not better. While he doesn't seem to be in pain, he must be with such an awkward gait. I'm sure you folks can understand how much I love this dog.