Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 year old Basset named Speedy. When he was around 10 months he developed a limp in his right front leg. I took him to the vet and they did xrays, they said he has Paneosteitis (growing pains). Yesterday when I came home, I noticed he developed a limp in his left rear leg, I didnt think much about it because he is pretty active. Today its worse, he isnt putting any pressure on it at all. I live in an apartment, so I carried him up and down the stairs. I was playing with him, and bent his legs to see if he had any pain, he didnt seem to mind me doing it, or cried at all when I did it, in fact I think he thought it was a little game because he was wagging his tail.
I am wondering if it seems worse, because it's his back leg?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Bassets bear most of their weight on their front legs, so a lame front leg would probably be "worse" than a rear leg. While this may just be a recurrent bout of pano, there are some other conditions that can affect the rear leg(s). Probably best to have your vet check him over to make sure it's not something more serious. Let us know what the vet finds. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bocephus had a limp in his front right leg.He would not put any pressure on it. I checked him for anything in his paw and found nothing.Checked out his leg and everything felt fine.He had been limping for about a week. I gave him 1 baby asprin a day for about 3 days and now he his running around and " fighting" with his backyard partner. Id give it a little time and just see if its a bout with pano.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts