Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read so much about problems with their back legs, but for the last few days my Brutal has been limping on his front. He just lays and whines sometimes even if hes not moving. He just turned 9. Has anyone else had problems with the front? Just wondering before I take him to vet.

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
depending on conformation but shoulder and elbows are common places and sometimes the carpus {wrist} Crate rest is always good and in general I have had better success with chiropractic vet with these type issue than a regular one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
George will be 15 in a couple of weeks. He came down with Old Dog Vestibular Disease last july. He lost movement in all legs. Believe it or not one of the vets at Blue Pearl used acupuncture in addition to chiropractor exercises and we got 3 of 4 legs back. He had a previous spinal injury. I have him in a wheelchair now and I have trouble keeping up with him. Try everything, don't give up. If you can arrange a one day vacation from your pup it will let you refresh and start working with less emotion and stronger hope. Here's praying for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My puppy started limping around 3 months ago in his right front leg, we were told they were growing pains, later on we notice that leg was getting crooked, but he was running around like always no pain, swollen or discomfort, today I took him for a quick walk and he refused to walk he would walk a little and take a break, I checked his legs no pain or or inflammation, when we finished our walk he was normally jumping around the house, any recommendations? Should I taking to the vet? Should I get insurance first?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have read so much about problems with their back legs, but for the last few days my Brutal has been limping on his front. He just lays and whines sometimes even if hes not moving. He just turned 9. Has anyone else had problems with the front? Just wondering before I take him to vet.
I have read too. ¿and what is the solution at this problem? Greetings

·
Registered
7 Posts
To restore a dog's bone when broken, follow the veterinarian's instructions. Depending on the severity and severity of the wound, specific treatment is available. If it's just a bruise and sprain, just apply ice and hot water bottle to the bruise. Sprains and tendons will be much better. Need to give the puppy a complete rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts