Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what her problem is today. I am off work today, so I got up early took her for a romp and sniff in the park came back gave her breakfast and toys to play with her sisters.
She started barking and whing at everything, the other dogs, invisable things outside, running around the house.
She culminated her escapade by stealing a pinecone and then bit me when I tried to take it from her. So hearing my fussing and Lily's growling. Rosie comes running to her mommy's rescue from this dangerous basset and bit Lily, so then the two of them started fighting. Geeze! So i got them apart and put them both in separate rooms in "time out" and left them there for 10 minutes each. When I let them back out I refused to talk to them. So they are each sleeping now on an ottoman.
She has training tonight and I am not in the mood. It is a night where we have to take a bunch of stuff with us, her bed, nail trimmers, toothbrush and regular brushes. I know I shouldn't still be mad at her but she was just such a brat this morning.
Thanks for letting me vent.

A

·
0 Posts
Well Milissa, that's what you get for taking a day off work. Lily apparently had other plans for her day. You must have messed them up. Perhaps she was on the computer reading this board and the bad news lately has upset her and she was planning on going back on today to look for some good news. Have a better day and for heaven's sakes, just don't take any more time off work.
Susan and Wilson

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for listening everyone, she was an angel is class, perfect in everyway! Go figure!
Must have been the audience.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I think you're right about the audience-some dogs just seem to 'turn on' in front of a crowd- if that's the case, she will probably be great in the show ring!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts