Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG!
I'm so glad I found this website and more basset hound lovers!
I have a 3 years old (Bolo) and he is a spoiled brat! He is the king of the house!!!! :p We are planning to rescue a girlfriend/sister for him soon but this is not the reason I am posting (yet!).

I found this forum when I googled about life vests for Bassets. The message I saw was from 2006 so I decided to ask again because technology and other stuff can change in 4 years.

Do you know a good life vest I could buy for Bolo (he is 58lbs)? We are planning to take him on a boat in the next month or so and I rather be safe than sorry. I know he can swim if necessary (but he hates it!).

I will try to be active in here!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
We bought some off the internet last month when we took our dogs to the lake. We had a hard time finding them when we went to sporting goods stores. Of course I didn't think to try Petco and there were a ton of them last week. The vests are usually rated by size, we went with larges for our dogs (who are slightly smaller than Bolo).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhm.... I didn't know Petco could have life vests... I thought it would be a harder thing to find. I will check it out! The good thing is at Petco I can bring Bolo with me to test it!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
No problem. We have family in St. Louis so I figured either Cabela's or Bass Pro would have some but neither place did. Of course we were looking right around the 4th so that may have just been bad timing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It never even came to my mind searching for it in these stores!!!! I don't ever go there since I am not really an outdoorsy person (I'm starting to go to parks because of Bolo!).
Bolo is my first dog and I am learning a lot with him!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts