Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a weekend trip in September that will likely include some boating on a lake and will be bringing my Bogie along. He really likes the water as long as there aren't ocean sized waves, so I don't think he'll mind being on a boat. I was wondering if anyone has found any particular life preserver they like for their dogs, specifically one that is a good shape for a long and low basset hound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only ones I could find that fit are made by Outward Hound. I think you can get them from West Marine or Boat U.S. and probably online.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
A friend of mine has a Corgi (low to the ground and long, like bassets) and she got him the Outward Hound brand. I can't remember if she got it at Petsmart or Superpetz. It fits him really nice!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, these arent great pictures, but this is Dusty in the life preserver I bought for my Dad's Aussie. Of course he had to try it on prior to her having it. LOL My dad has a boat and his Aussie LOVES to go with him, but she is getting older and it is harder for her so we bought her this preserver. She LOVES IT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts