Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been almost 3 months since Sadie went to the Bridge. I have visited here some, but not posted as much as I used to. It is still very hard. I cannot believe how much everything about everyday has changed without her. I still expect to find her snoozing in her favorite spot. Spencer has settled into a new routine without her, but he is definitely a different dog. He has aged before my eyes. He is much more insecure and nervous. He sleeps more & has lost alot of his playfulness. I think Sadie was his security blanket. The other day, he was laying on the bed & I was going about my business, talking to him like I always do. I mentioned Sadie's name & he jumped up & looked out of the window & then at me, like he was saying "Well, where is she?". I felt kind of bad. I didn't mean to cause him to do that! Well, there is not really a point to this post, I was just missing Sadie, feeling bad for Spencer & needed to get it off my chest!

Here is a picture of Spencer I just took - I interrupted one of his naps!

·
Registered
608 Posts
So sorry about your sweet Sadie. I sort of imagine it would be hard having two and then only one, as the other is always there to remind you of the one that,s gone.. Must have been sad to watch Spencer looking for her . As much as my little westie is a control freak, I think that my big guy would be lost without her too.

Love the pic of Spencer, never forget the one of him smiling.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm really sorry about Sadie but try and remember the happy times. Unfortunately we all become dog owners knowing that we'll probably live longer than our pets. But remember you will always have such wonderful memories of Sadie and your life wouldn't be the same if you didn't have her in your life. It's so hard and my heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It's been 9 months since we lost Duke. I was so heart broken I said I'd never get another one. We had just gotten Bo, and that was going to be it! Then I saw a picture of Moose, and that was it, I was hooked on another hound.
Recently my son moved to another apartment, and took Duke's little ash filled urn with him. I jokingly said to my son, "How does Duke like the new apartment?" to which my son said, "I think he likes it, he didn't say too much about it."
We are sick :blink: , I know, but we loved that little hound...and cherish our memories of him. (scheming, tricky little food thief)

Sandy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts