Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if your bassets are lickers at all?

Ella is a huge licker, she loves giving kisses! You can go up to her pretty much anytime and anywhere and you'll get a lick on your hand or face or wherever.

Ringo has given me a kiss ONCE! He is not a licker at all! Sometimes when he is licking his paw or something we will put our hand in the way just so he licks our hand :p he has the SOFTEST tongue, it's seriously like velvet! We think his tongue is so soft because he is so picky on what and how often he will lick things :D

Just curious about yours, I find it funny that I have the two extremes in the house!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yogi is not a big kisser at all. I think he used to kiss more as a puppy but now I'm lucky if I get a kiss once a week. Usually I have to ask him to give me one. Once in a while he will give me a surprise kiss, which are really the best ones. He also has a very soft tongue. He gives these little feather kisses (that's what I call them).

·
Registered
761 Posts
When we got Doppler, my husband told me not to expect to keep getting kisses from him as he got older. I love getting kisses from him. So what did I do? I "trained" him to give me kisses on command of course!!! And his tongue is very rough. We think it's the Redbone in him. He'll also lick our hands or legs or pants as long as we'll let him basically. When we got Virga I didn't expect her to give as many kisses as Doppler does but she does as well! I'm working on "training" her too. But her tongue is very very soft. It's so funny the difference between their tongues. But I love getting kisses from them!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nitro LOVES feet! He will lick my feet as long as I let him. My grandson was here for Thanksgiving, Nitro just loves licking those baby feet! He does give kisses, but I limit his face-licking because not all moms like their kids getting slobbery wet dog kisses on the face. Hands and feet though, I let him have at it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Daisy is only 12 wks old and so far, she reserves her kisses for greetings only. She kisses us good morning and welcome home from work. She also kisses friends when they come over - both human and canine.

She gives two kinds of kisses too - Eskimo and full tickley tongue licks. Her tongue is super soft - kinda like her ears.

My previous 3 hounds were not kissers at all... but were BIG droolers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fergus is a big kisser- but only when he's in the right mood. Sometimes he will lick your hands for 10 minutes straight and other times he just noses you. I can almost always get a kiss out of him in the morning and when I get home. I love their big sloppy tongues. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts