Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was jusy wondering if there is a way to encourage people to post more, and keep this board lively!
It used to be my "happy space"!

One thread of Emma and Doris had 257 views, and only 13 postings. I think that's a shame. Obviously
people are enjoying reading this board, and I for one would be really excited if some of them took a more active part in posting. It could be pictures, stories, etc.

So here's a thread suggestion: Everyone gets to reply using ONE WORD ONLY!!! (that way the SHY posters won't be overwhelmed... :) )

What word best describes YOUR basset?:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
i think many people are just very, very busy. i know i am --- classes have started, i have more students than i have ever had, plus recovering from a sinus infection triggered by allergies gone mad and a nose which has been running for days now, plus end of season work in the gardens and labor day and cherokee national holidays coming up this weekend plus plus plus.

busy time of year for most people!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I enjoy all that is contributed. At first, I thought maybe everyone was tired of seeing my pictures of E & B. I actually did break my digital camera and my aunt has been very sick and I just havent had time to go anywhere and get another, since the nearest shopping (with any selection) is 1 1/2 hours away. The new board seems very nice and easy to use, with more features. Im sure folks will be anxious to try it out. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I am guilty of reding lots and posting little! So here's my contribution...... the best word to describe my basset would be.......

Benevolent :) But I can hink of hundreds more !!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sandy, got to hold my hand up and say that I've been guilty of that too lately, but have been reading sometimes, and just want to say, that your new boy is BEAUTIFUL!! Never seen a basset with that marking on the face before. Really comical :D Think he'd make a great subject for one of your poems!!

As for the one word which best describes Toby ....ehmmm...don't think I should say it on here, but ...let's just say it rhymes with 'mastered'. ;)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadeyes! Where have you been???
Nice to see you posting...I see you haven't lost your edge, either! :D

Sandy

·
Registered
775 Posts
My three are all very different but the one word that describes all three is SPOILED

·
Registered
144 Posts
love to read but a little lazy on the replies...........one word complet joy..........woops two words
[/b]
earnest = ernest the puppy

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sandy, went on holiday, came back and my log in didn't work.Tried to re-join, but obviously done something wrong. Then got lazy, and just went into lurk-mode. Nice to be able to post again though. :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
there are plenty of times i felt like posting and started to type up a reply and deleted it cause i know that it was going to piss someone off, so i just would yell at the the computer instead if having my post deleted or edited,or being banned from the board. sometimes when i don't reply that says more than replying.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sammy = Sassy!

Luther = Persistent!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts