3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING!</span>
Jumping up and down of furniture can be dangerous to a
heavy and big size basset. It's also bad for puppies during
their first year.

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This is funny- I hope it really is lesson 1 in a series- I would love to see Emma and Doris explaining other activities like how to get treats, how to get belly rubs, best sleep positions- I always enjoy your photos!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Stienar: That was terrific! Doris is a smart cookie :D :D I made sure Rusty & Stickers were NOT in the room while I looked at the lesson. They are not allowed on any furniture and haven't realized that most Bassets are!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ruby hasn't been on the furniture since we lived in Bassetchusetts and that was three states ago (where we have lived with Ruby)! We put an end to the furniture sitting when she dislocated her hip.

I'll say it again.....you are so nice to have purchased furniture that matches Doris' fur.....this way, I'm sure you don't see that much of the shedding stuff all over the place. But Ruby wants to know if you have another sofa that matches Emma's (and Ruby's) black and white coloring?

Janice and little Ruby :p

·
Registered
608 Posts
"The Couch

You'll find one in every well equipped home, if it's not there move"

Thanks for the tip Doris, just dumped the couch. Here's hoping Toby takes your advice :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Here's the instructions for use:

Check the base first. Laminate floor is slippery, and will ruin your kick-off. A rug is better, but may slide. A carpet
is good - go for that. Make sure there's enough space behind and around you, if the coffee table is to close, get it moved.
Now you place your head on the couch, to measure the height. Then you must calculate kick-off, angle and force.
This will take a couple of minutes....

:rolleyes:Pearl's alternative...place your chin on the couch. HOld it there for several minutes..growl softly until someone comes and lifts your stumpy little hind legs up so you can get on the couch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats cute. Loved the pictures. When Charlie was younger he did this wind up thing rocking back and forth for momentum.
After he got older we just put an old papasan footstool with the legs removed so Charlie could just walk up it. When my son would come home from college he would stretch out on the couch and Charlie would lay on the floor and whine, and look over to me as if to say make him move. After so many years of Charlie and then Brandy sleeping all the time on the couch it wasn't possible to clean it to get the smell out. So after Charlie died the couch was sent to the dump. No more couch for Brandy. I was going to buy a new one but Brandy wouldn't be aloud on it, but after her surgery last week the couch isn't happening for awhile longer. Instead we have a dog bed on the floor where the couch use to be.

Stephanie

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hilarious photo essay, Steinar.
To aid and abet Francis's crime of furniture climbing I use those Rubbermaid step stools that look like a little plastic table. I have 4 of them (they're cheap) and keep one in the car so he can climb in and out. I think it saves his back.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great idea, Steinar! All Bassets need instructions on how to jump on a couch. Bogie wasn't allowed in the room either when I read this. He's not allowed on our couch. His only spot other thatn his beds, or crates with cushy pillows, is in the lounge chair when invited by his human slave, (DAD). They love snoozing together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts