Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 1.5 year old female basset hound that I adopted when she was 11 months old. Ever since I have adopted her leash walking has been an absolute nightmare. She refuses to walk with me and plants her feet and pulls the opposite way no matter where we are going. She is walked with a harness and still is so stubborn. It is driving me insane because I live in student housing and she is my emotional support dog. So I only have certain time frames during the week that I can walk her and spend time with her between classes. She is so bad that I have to carry her because she will not move. (Only 40lbs so she isn't too heavy). I even try pulling on her a little bit to get her moving, but she just let's herself drag.
Any advice?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
basset that are stressed demonstrate this by shutting down completely a you have noticed. She find the environment or something about you walk very stressful. Can help but wonder if not being dragged around us not part of it.

You need to start completely over with leash training and in an environment she is comfortable .

Also keep in mind a dogs natural reaction to restraint is resist,

Top 5 Loose Leash Walking Dog Training Videos - The Crossover Trainer's Blog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts