Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my two have found a new trick, we have a Lazy Boy couch and a Lazy Boy chair and a half. The way they sit when we raise the foot rest on both the are only a couple of inches from each other.
Neither of the pups are able to get up in the chairs by themselves yet, but from week one would beg to get up and lay with us. And of course we would give in.
Well I had one up with me, so the other went over to Mary, we had both foot rests up, and Zatarra realized he could walk out on to my foot rest, over to Mary's and on to the couch from the chair. He went over, bothered Mercedes and came back. So it clicked with Mercedes and she came over to the chair.
So that prompted them to think they could play up there. The first time they both tried to go across at the same time their weight made the foot rest go down and they both rolled off on to the floor. They both sat there with this indignant look, as if to say, why'd you do that? :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
It is fun to watch them play with each other. Glad you're enjoying them. Just a word of caution: Watch when putting the foot rest down, that one of them isn't laying under it. My friend did that and her dog suffered a injury.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is fun to watch them play with each other. Glad you're enjoying them. Just a word of caution: Watch when putting the foot rest down, that one of them isn't laying under it. My friend did that and her dog suffered a injury.
We just assume that if they are not in the chair with us and we can't see them, they are under the foot rest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i love that "why did you just do that?" look. when toby was really little he would squirm around on the ground and bite at the air when we were rubbing his belly. every time he accidentally bit one of his ears he would give us that look as if we were the ones who did it. so funny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts