Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I love your videos. I can see by watching them what I need is another Basset puppy for Sadie to play with. I keep telling my husband that but he said he's not ready for another puppy. I have a miniature pincher and Sadie tries to play with her like that but she is just so much bigger then my pincher and the pincher gets so snarly and aggressive when she tries to play with her. Your dogs seem to be having a blast, I really need to talk my husband into another basset.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bjsibba, I wondered too if I should get a second basset, and I'm glad I did. Not only is Digger a sweetheart, he and Dozer keep themselves entertained.
In fact, they just came inside to say hello just now. They have been outside playing for over an hour, only thing is that it's midnight.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'll show your post to my husband; maybe it will help convince him. I know we will get another basset at some point; I really want two, just a matter of when. My husband wants to wait a bit, but I'm ready now and I think it would be so good for Sadie.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My two play like that also, I get a big kick out of it!
Sometimes it's a build-up to a real runnin' and chasin' play session, sometimes it just leads to a nap! :lol:

bjsibba, Sadie needs a friend, time for another Basset!
Have you considered a rescue hound?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have considered a rescue hound. We don't have one in our area. I did a search on the Internet and there is one in Waterford, Michigan, which would be about a 4 or 5-hour drive. I also keep checking our local human society in case any show up there. We do have two other dogs besides Sadie, Lita our miniature pincher and Snoopy our 14-year-old cocker spaniel. Snoopy's health isn't very good and as sad as it is to think about we don't think he has a lot of time left. My husband doesn't want to bring another puppy home while Snoopy is still with us, it's hard for snoopy to tolerate Sadie and he doesn't want to make it any harder on him. I understand what he's thinking, but I think it would help keep Sadie entertained so maybe she wouldn't bother Snoopy so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts