Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I am laughing SO hard right now ... the most hilarious thing I have seen IN MY LIFE!!! I am going to have to get my mother over here with her digital camera to take a mini movie of this for you guys! oOoOo my tummy hurts! LOLOL

While I was cleaning up and trying to get some semblance of order to the stuff that got left with us ... I found a laser pointer (a little red light you can beam accross a room) and I pressed the button to see if it still worked.

Well the little light shot accross the room and landed on the floor smack in front of Beldin who was chewing on a rag. He IMMEDIATELY dropped the rag and with a WOOF! he pounced on the light with all 4 feet at once and head down, ears forward wrinkles galore to the floor and started snuffling for the little red dot.

Well Mocha came running in from the kitchen to see what Beldin woofed about.

So I started running the little red dot all over the place - I swear these two are more fun than cats with string!

They both chased the dot around and around all over the place. I made it go down the hall and around the coffee table and on the side of the couch and up the wall and both of them, shoulder to shoulder were pounching along after it woofing and nosses to the ground.

For about an hour!

And I was laughing so hard! ... That sure felt good to laugh.

Then almost as one they both just flopped over completely exausted and fell promptly asleep beside my desk... LOL

I have tears in my eyes and a stitch in my side... but I feel good. LOL

God Bless the Bassets :)

A

·
0 Posts
That is just too funny. It sounds like you are on your way to a happy life with your kids and your hounds or should I say clowns. May all your days be filled with happiness and laughter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This I can see - laser pointers are terrific pet toys! I had a cat once who would exhaust herself the same way. Thanks for reminding me of that - I will have to try it with Sebastien.

A

·
0 Posts
We have done this with the girls and it is truly one of the funniest things in the world!!! They chase that little dot of light around until we just stop pointing it. Even then, they continue to look for it.....

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the good idea Christina.....as soon as I read your post I broke out the laser pen and Lucy & Ethel went insane chasing it LOL. What a riot to watch hehehehehe

·
Registered
773 Posts
Lasers are fun, but be warned that overdoing lasers with dogs or cats can lead to serious OCD-like problems. I'm not saying don't use a laser (I don't), but keep in mind that short-term use is best......

A

·
0 Posts
We used to do that with the flashlight when Ruby was a puppy. She loved to chase it.

:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oh boy, I have to try that! That will be a good exercise and chase the boredom away during rainy season/winter time.
First, I have to buy one. :roll: I hope it's not too expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts