Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just wondering if everyone's bassetts think they're lap dogs. In fact, Daisy Mae is sleeping in my lap as I type this! She's going on 5 months old, so its fine that she curls up in my lap now, but looking at everyone's beautiful pictures I'm thinking she's going to be awfully dissapointed when she's full grown and doesn't fit in my lap anymore! LOL!! I've been trying to post a picture of her but I can't figure it out. If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it. Daisy has a spot that looks like a side profile of Mickey Mouse and I'm dying to post a picture of it to share with everyone.

Thanks
Kim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey wait.... no one told José he doesn't need to fit on a lap! He will manage to crawl up on either my husband or myself & then carefully balance himself on our laps... kind of reminds me of an elephant on a little stool! José is 67 lbs. and neither one of us is a big person - there isn't that much lap space.

But José has trained us to put our feet up and slouch a bit so his whole big round body fits! I think we are the best trained humans ever! :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Luther thinks he is a lap dog! :blink:

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
She's going on 5 months old, so its fine that she curls up in my lap now, but looking at everyone's beautiful pictures I'm thinking she's going to be awfully dissapointed when she's full grown and doesn't fit in my lap anymore! LOL!!Thanks
Kim
[/b]
Trust me reardless of size they find away to fit

·
Registered
465 Posts
Last night, Elmer and Button both slept in my lap for two hours! I was trapped under 125 pounds of basset! Things got a little crowded for Button, so he simply used the end table for a pillow. Elmer was on the other arm rest facing the back of the chair with his face jammed between by shoulder and the back of the chair. Boy, was that comfy for me!! :lol: Also, they will jump in my lap even if I am reading the paper or a magazine. They simply stomp overtop of whatever I'm reading and flop in my lap with that "OK, time to give ME your undivided attention, Mom" look. They seem genuinely offended if I act like this is inconvenient. The Basset ALWAYS wins.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ssssshhhh!! Bogie's sleeping.

Yep!! They love being lap dogs!

14 Posts
Cute pictures, and hounds!

Ours think they are lap dogs too. If my fiance and I are sitting next to each other on the couch, and one of the hounds notice, you can bet within a minute they will find away to wedge between us and space us out by a few feet!

I was sitting on the bedroom floor the other night folding laundry and Flash decided he had to be on my lap. It took me 5 minutes to fold one pair of JEANS!!!!! Those dogs sure have us trained!

K

·
0 Posts
Bogie is SOOO spotty! brilliant!

And yes - Jackson thinks he is a lapdog too... my dad is quite worried :lol:

·
Registered
813 Posts
They don't care how big they are or how small YOU are, they will insist upon sitting in your lap. Don't you realize your job is to serve? :p Even Princess Destructo Lab Gigi sits in my lab, and she weighs about 70 pounds! The way she handles it is to drape her front half in my lap and the rest on the couch, but George will simply thrust his whole self into my lap and I just have to deal with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I absolutely love all the pictures. Sadie is gorgeous and Bogie, WOW, is a cutie! I love his spots. Daisy just got up in my lap and I'll read the rest of the posts with her. I think when she gets full grown I'll have to get a bigger chair for us to sit in while on the computer (yes, I guess I'll be a slave like the rest of you). As soon as my husband gets batteries for the camera I'll post a picture of her at the computer. There are times she tries to sleep with her head on the keyboard! I'm pretty sure drool is not a good thing for the keyboard. LOL! Thanks for all the pictures, I've enjoyed them so much. My kids love all the dogs! Seeing all of your full grown bassetts gives me an idea of what to expect when Daisy is full grown.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ruby used to be a lap dog when she was a puppy.....she doesn't like it now if you can believe that!
[/b]

Woah........wait I'm confused........are you sure she's a BASSET???? :unsure:

:p

·
Registered
55 Posts
At 8 wks Bruno is still capable of being a lap dog but hes def has ideas of whos lap hes going to be laying on. Its either Daves or my daughters laps. He doesnt lay with me too often, only if the other three are sleeping or Im the only one home. Today I was laying with one of our cats, Madilynn was laying with the other one and Bruno was not having this at all. He chased the cat off Maddi (he pushed his butt over till he was sitting on the cats head) and proceded to curl up on Maddi and lay his head right at hers. I cant wait till I get some more space on my camara to get some pics up here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had to add a picture of Daisy Mae as a lap dog. This is how we sit at the computer always! Then I wonder why my back hurts at the end of the day. I'm pretty sure we're reading all the new posts on CyberHound in this picture!

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Mine don't "think" they are lapdogs, they KNOW it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
As Lightning has grown, I've just gotten progressively larger chairs, to accommodate the part of him that doesn't fit in my lap. But I find lap bassets make great armrests and lap desks. And on a chilly night you don't need an afghan (blanket, not hound).

P.S. LOVE the pics!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts