Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Thanks, Mikey, for all the explanations!

we got out the measuring tape tonight.

here are my fun facts:
1. HEIGHT: I seem to be between 13-14" tall, at least w/sitting (not having luck with me standing tonight. i guess i don't officially know that command)

2. TAIL: My tail is over a foot long!! it's 14" (greater than a footlong subway sandwich... mmmm... Subway... getting hungry here)

3. LENGTH: Tip of tail--> tip of nose stretched out: 52" (greater than 4 feet long...)

anyone else know their measurements?
--Worm

· Registered
2,787 Posts
Wow, how interesting Mr. Mikey. Thanks for the update. Can't say i understood everything 'bout what was goin' on, but seems like Macey did fairly well under the circumstances. and u got to be a judge. is that like on 'American Idol'? there oughtta be 'American Idol for Dawgs.' not that i would win or anything. but i do enjoy hearing other dawgs howls.

Do they do this sort of rabbit thing out here on the Left Coast?

--Worm

Eastern regional
11 open dogs

3 Champions

and a shout out to a couple of spectators that got rudely greeted by Macey and one traveling from virginia.

Open bench Female one by Deela BOS Deela a gold medal was the Prize

Macey 6 th.

Given the sortage of Judge I got called into service for the first time Unfortunatelly the way the cast rolled out I had two of Soundtracks Puppies in one cast and Macey in the other. And give only two judges of which I was one and that bouth open cast went out at the same time I had to judge a cast in which I had a dog entered acceptal if all the other cast agree but certainly ideal and could not handle dog in the other cast. Unfornate as well is my fathers back did not allow him to walk in the rough cut aisle Soundtracks girs were left on there own and unfortunatly the result were what i suspected and the were back at the club house very quickly.

The cast I judged with macey was unproductive in producing any rabbits. So the result and standing can down to the Judges opinion of hunting and handling a very subjective determination by the judge and one non really like to have to make, That said if you have to do that with one of your own dogs there can absolutely be no disputing that yours was work better than any of the other which is rarely the case. In the cast of 5 3 worked reasonable well and 2 not so much So Macey ended up third in her cast and for the first time no placing as the top dog that score zero points.

ON Sunday thinks work out better 12 dog in open 3 in champ And Macey lenore and deela all rolled into the same cast which by moving the order the case went out allowed me to handle the dog and not judge then at the same time. Again the cast did not produce a rabbit and the dog that unfortunatley did the most work was a loose mouthed given the lack of help he had it stuck in on a couple of occassion but with limited help neither time was a rabbit produce earning -20 point total and last place. Mace was place first on humting and handling the first Cast she has won.

In the open finals On rabbit was prduced and all the scoring i strike two checks were done by the winner Jersey Devil but as the end of the running of the rabbit presumably finding a hole in the cover macey did open My guess is it was at the rabbit in the hole but After that she regained some enthusiaum for working the brush. So Macey finished Second on Sunday her highest placement ever,

After ours I had the girls out and Deela found a couple of holes presumable with rabbits holes up because she was very vociferious in anoucing her find to the world and has past other holes with out the same reaction.

When judging the Open class on sunday three rabits were produce one losed in a swampy area on the dog were stop as the rabbit left the property for an neighboring corn field and the last end because time ran out there was not more than 3 minutes out of the hour that the dog were not running a rabbit,. That is always a good day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.