Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dean and Other People in the Know,

I got a chance to talk to Dean about the PA Rabbit Run Event this weekend and I'm so excited and nervous - as Dean said, "a freaked out mom." BTW, Dean is very funny.

Okay - on to the subject...

We are coming from Westminster, MD and are not spending the night - at least at this point.

If you all are willing to help me with this, I'd like to get some advice/input on what we need to bring.

To make it easier for you guys to answer, I'm putting my current packing list in this post. That way, anyone who wants to help doesn't have to start from scratch and can just add something or delete something.

AND now you will all no what a mess I am when it comes to my babies! But some of the questions just come from not knowing the area and facility - so please be kind!

THANKS IN ADVANCE, Susan O.

2 Dogs
Regular Collars
Harnesses
6 foot leashes
20 foot leashes
Water Bowls
Food Bowls
? Do we need to bring water we can carry to give to the dogs during the chase?
Dog Breakfasts
Dog Dinners
Dog Snacks
Treat Pouches ???? (is this allowed? is it a bad idea to treat dogs during this event - like when you go to the Dog Park?)
Human's breakfast, lunch, dinner (not sure if there is food or not)
Dog Cushions (so they can have a comfortable place to rest)
? Pop-Up Tent??? Do we need this or is there shade?
Dog Towels
Extra t-shirts with my smell so I can throw one on the ground where I last saw Belle (per Dean's general suggestion for finding lost dogs - which frankly got me a little freaked out!)
Sunscreen (for dog noses and people noses)
????Dog first ad kit??? Do we need this? If so, what should it have in it?
???Heavy gloves for rescuing Belle out of thickets!
Back or Butt Pack for supplies (water, gloves, etc.)

That's it, I think.

Thanks again.

Susan O.

·
Registered
797 Posts
You forgot the valium for nervous mommies ---- I added comments to each item -- we are there to have fun and watch the hounds run -- we do what ever it takes for you to enjoy, learn and wear out the hounds while they have fun

To make it easier for you guys to answer, I'm putting my current packing list in this post. That way, anyone who wants to help doesn't have to start from scratch and can just add something or delete something.

AND now you will all no what a mess I am when it comes to my babies! But some of the questions just come from not knowing the area and facility - so please be kind!

THANKS IN ADVANCE, Susan O.

2 Dogs --------good idea
Regular Collars ---good idea
Harnesses ---not needed
6 foot leashes --- yes
20 foot leashes ---- optional - only for training after the hunt -- not needed
Water Bowls ---yes
Food Bowls ---yes
? Do we need to bring water we can carry to give to the dogs during the chase? --no
Dog Breakfasts --- probably not a good idea -- we will have Purina dog food for the hounds
Dog Dinners -- same
Dog Snacks --- your choice
Treat Pouches ???? (is this allowed? is it a bad idea to treat dogs during this event - like when you go to the Dog Park?) --- no treats during the eun
Human's breakfast, lunch, dinner (not sure if there is food or not) -- food is available
Dog Cushions (so they can have a comfortable place to rest) ---couch potatoes
? Pop-Up Tent??? Do we need this or is there shade? --- there is shade
Dog Towels -- only if they are fussy
Extra t-shirts with my smell so I can throw one on the ground where I last saw Belle (per Dean's general suggestion for finding lost dogs - which frankly got me a little freaked out!) ---no, use your t-shirt
Sunscreen (for dog noses and people noses) ---not a bad idea
????Dog first ad kit??? Do we need this? If so, what should it have in it? --- no
???Heavy gloves for rescuing Belle out of thickets! -- no
Back or Butt Pack for supplies (water, gloves, etc.) ----not really

That's it, I think.

Thanks again.

Susan O.
[/quote]

·
Registered
939 Posts
getting ready to leave as soon as i log off. bringing some Pine Barrens power dog to defend his Pennsylvania State Championship, the one the only, the dog of the hour,who's to sweet to be sour!!! the Famous Pinehawk's Little Ike!!!!!! Now that i built him up he will walk on the paths, sniff some butts,lick himself and do everything but run a rabbit like he was breed to do!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
AFter reading this thread I am even sadder that I can't go!

Have a great time all of you! Sounds like a grand time for 2 and 4 leggers!

·
Registered
939 Posts
well Ike went on to win his cast on day one went to the final round,he had a real good chance to get the gold!!! but instead he fell in love with a female that was not in heat and sniffed her for the most part and placed sixth.Day two was not going to be good right from the get go,he got drawed out with the same female who was still not in heat and started the same antics that he did on saturday so i scrathed him and got a early start home.if you can ever make a hunt you have got to go they are a lot of fun.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How typical. A male thinking with the little head instead of the big one. And accomplishing absolutely nothing! I'm sorry I missed you guys. Having to work sucks! Mark and I are looking to relocate near Lake Wallenpaupack, PA!! More land, more Hot Rods, MORE DOGS!!!!! Take care all, Belinda.

·
Registered
797 Posts
We missed you -- several people asked about you -- told them Molly was sort of retired after getting her MHH title -- you missed a good hunt -- we actually outdrew the World hunt -- let me know how you makeout with land near the lake, I understand it can be pricey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts