Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will remember my Kermit who passed away last summer.

Apparently there is a safety campaign regarding dog bites, reminding people that even cute, sweet dogs can bite, and Kermie's picture is on the poster!

It says "IS THIS YOUR DOG? Even the sweetest dogs can pose a threat if their owners don't take the proper precautions. Help stop dog bites by being a responsible owner. Protect your community by protecting your dog."

Here is a color version of the pic:

and a full body shot:

BTW, if anyone knows how I can get a copy of the poster, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
How wonderful! I've seen the poster. I believe you can order it off the USPS website. My husband works for the post office so we've asked for the one there so it does not get thrown away. You might ask at your local office- they may be willing to give it to you- Wendy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Nice that he's still doing good things after he's gone to the bridge!

Kermit was a wonderful dog - rest in peace.

Miriam - it's been too long since you were here!
:wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll try to get you one Miriam. How have you been? Are you going to Nationals ? Hope to see you there! Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Belinda! I'm hoping to go, unless something unforseen happens. I've got to start doing some training, though....

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used to have a little old lady come around to the shows and ask to take pictures of the dogs. She sold them to calendars and things like that. She took pics of a bunch of my hounds over the years and sent me copies. I've seen that picture used before, so I guess it's part of a clipart package or some such thing. I found another photo of a different one of my hounds used on a memo board (of course, I had to buy it......)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Training? I must look that word up in the dictionary... :wink: :wink: Belinda.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have the poster in my office- I have basset stuff all around... and since my husband works for the post office it just seemed fitting. I tell everyone he's a Soundtrack basset named Kermit... incidentally- my next door office faculty is named Kermit!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Miriam, I think I got one! One of my co-workers at the restaurant I work in is also a full-time postal employee. Next Friday he's picking up the Basset poster. Hopefully it's the right one! E-mail me your address and I'll send it up-a-north! Take care, Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yay! Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts