Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit off-topic, so if this bothers the moderators you have my permission to delete it.

My wife and I are expecting our first child, but for the last few weeks there was a problem. We were given a 50 percent chance of survival. We just came back from the latest check up and found out the baby has moved and is no longer in danger of being a still-born. At the same time they found out my wife and I will be having a baby girl.

That means Kenworth (BH) and Issiac (Miniture Schnauuser) and Bailey (Black Lab) will be having Alyson Rose Johnson for a sister.

Sorry for the off-topic post but right now a huge burden has been lifted and I am on cloud nine.

A

·
0 Posts
What wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D
We will be looking forward in seeing pics of the newest edition to our basset hound "family"!

A

·
0 Posts
congradulation!!!!! and what good news. very happy for you, and your family.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What wonderful news!!! Congratulations. I'm so sorry you had to go through such a stressful time, but am thankful it has a great ending.

Belly rubs for everyone!

A

·
0 Posts
Congratulations!!! We hope things will continue to be positive and that Alyson Rose arrives as a beautiful, healthy, bouncing, baby girl. We wish you the best. We'll be first time grandparents the end of July and can't wait.

A

·
0 Posts
What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you both, and I know your furry kids will love her as much as you all do.

Take care!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congratulations!! Oliver's sister turned one in January. It can be very scary with all of the testing and maybe this and maybe that, when our daughter was born she was diagnosed with Down Syndrome it was a blow, but life goes on and we are blessed with a heathly, active, special girl. I wish you luck and get sleep now :)

Oliver is helping her learn to stand and also being a soft spot to land :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All kids are special that's for sure Oliver Twist. I can imagine finding out that your child has Down Syndrome would be a blow.

Myself I grew up in a Foster home. My parents had 3 of us orginal children, then adopted six more. Over the years they did respite care for some very special, but challenging children. We just opted not to test for DS. It would not change a thing if our child did have that. More importantly, we did not want to worry as the DR said the test has a super high false-positive reading.

In any case,I had a great childhood with such diversity.Is it no surprise that I married an 5th Grade School Teacher?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts