Basset Hounds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks Worm. Yes yogi is a puggle. They gave him to us and didn't even know he was a designer dog. One day while in Petsmart I saw a book about puggles.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Supposedly there are a few specific types of puggle that can be bred successfully to look the same each time, like a flat out new breed of dog. Usually uniformally beige, turn up tail, longer ears than a normal pug, but still hanging. Buldgey eyes, and a face in between the mushed up of a pug, and the long nose of a beagle.

I have only rarely seen a puggle that is tri color. THey usually have the pug color.

They are way cute though!!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep the devil fits him perfectly. He is a good boy most of the time though. A Puggle must have a female Beagle and male Pug as the parents.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, the humanz were acting weird again.
They were cleaning everything in sight.
They were hugging on me a lot.
They said something about how they're not gonna' love me any less and stuff.
And said they just wanted to make sure I was ok with having a brother in the house.
Then I got a cup of doggie ice cream.
*shrug*
"guess a brother is cool" is said with a mouthful of ice cream...
I just want bacon to go with it next time.
humans are stoopid.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Esther just say you are still thinking on it -- then maybe you will get bancon AND icecream!
Dreamons -- if a Puggle has a beagle mom and a pug dad is a Bug a pug mom and a beagle dad or does it work that way?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Never heard of it that way but sounds good to us. I'm sure it has happened just not sure they named it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We can't either.
He Human has to run the St. Jude Merry Thon on saturday and they have a party to go to saturday night because of it.

They go to Marion Arkansas on Sunday to bring Charlie to his furrever home!
Got more info on him. Knew he was a puppy mill kid. He's AKC registered. Papers and everything. He sired a litter before the authorities shut em down. He's neutered now. He is two months younger than me. Way skiddish. I wants to play all the time with him but he didn't much want to leave his foster mamma's side. couple times to get a treat (he apparently didn't get many of those in his previous life) and a couple times to see where he/she human were going when they went to that room with the tub. he just cautiously moved across the room and peeked around the corner to see where they were going. and then right back to foster mammas feet. He'll be okay once I show him the ropes... One thing's for sure. I don't take my sweet time eating my treats anymore. haha! I dropped one for a sec last night and WHAM it was GONE!

41 - 60 of 112 Posts