Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may or may not have heard, I met a cute boy two saturdays ago. His name is Charlie and he's a homeless hound with BellyRubs Basset Rescue, our local Tennessee basset rescue.

This morning my huminz have been in contact with his foster human and have subsequently submitted an application to adopt him! :D

There are a lot of hoops to jump thru and they're gonna' get us together again to make sure we really hit it off. Also everyone has to get their I's crossed and T's dotted (heehee) and make sure that the transition will be a smooth one--'specially since it's Christmastime and all--don't want anyone freaking out with all the festivities going on (they said we'll wait until it's all over with if need be first to be sure there's not too much external activity)...

Anyhoo, hopefully soon I'll get my Christmas wish and have a live-in boy furriend!!!! Please keep your paws crossed on accounta' my huminz LOVE LOVE LOVE him! Just to whet your whistles, here is a pic of my new loverboy:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Esther hope you get your new friend soon. Their are 3 of us and we have lots of fun together and cause a little bit of trouble once in a while. But the humanz don't know which of us to blame. Maggie, Daisy, Yogi

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congratulations and good luck. If my recent transition is anything to go by, MsEclair was miffed for 48 hrs annd extra clingy. Within 48 hours she couldnt give two hoots and was bonding with her new sister Ethel. They are constantly playing, sleeping and loving each other within a week.

Nothing like a rescue!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Oh Esther that would be the bestest Christmas Present of all -- for both of you -- what could be nicer than a new fuurend and a new home!!! Esther I hafta admit I am a wee tab jealous -- ya will be able to play and run and snuggle ALL the time -- so..... fingers and toes and everything is crossed ... hope ya get yer wish
Pais

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
What a handsome boy Charlie is....and how exciting for you. He looks quite young....yes, I'm jealous too....would love to have another one. Good luck with all the process you have to go through.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Just looked him up on Bellyrubs....2 years old and extremely mellow. Wish I lived near a rescue...closest one is over 200 miles away which means I don't qualify because they can't do a home visit. How lucky you are...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just looked him up on Bellyrubs....2 years old and extremely mellow. Wish I lived near a rescue...closest one is over 200 miles away which means I don't qualify because they can't do a home visit. How lucky you are...
really?
Austin (ATB) came from a rescue about 250 miles away
the rescues linked up and they used one near us to do the home visit.

that said, there's always petfinder...

they're checking references now.
this could be bad. J/K
:cool:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw, we met him already once
and "extremely mellow" is an understatement.
she human said, "Wow! He's like a stuffed animal!"

·
Registered
767 Posts
Barney'spal. Have you talked to the rescue. When I got my first foster they said it would be difficult for a home visit. I sent them pictures of the fenced yard, doggie door, references from our vet and talked to them by phone. In the end we got Daisy. Since then I have done a home visit for them that was only about 20 minutes away. LVBR just took in 9 Bassets over Thanksgiving so if your closest rescue is overloaded like that they may work with you.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
No Dreamons..I went online and was going to fill out their application. This was where it said that you had to live in a 120 mile radius to apply. At that point, I pretty much gave up and went and got a beagle puppy. I hadn't realized that they might have someone closer who could do the visit for them...guess I should have checked into it better......which I'll do next time. Right now, my hands are full but when I'm ready again, will take your advice and see if that is an option. Thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
they're checking references now.
this could be bad. J/K
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Fess up Esther, have you robbed any banks, commited any crimes or are a part of the criminal underworld that they may have issues with??? Wecan be persuaded to give alibis if necessary lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
Big E~ How exciting...but I have to admit I am a little jealous...you has always been my dream girl and nows you are moooving in with another fellar....oh well.....it is still pretty exciting (and my ma says he is quite the handsome boy)....hope all goes well...it's like that sometimes...my bruder Romeo picked us at bassetfest.....it was love at first site for him and my 2 legged bro and my ma....we get along great but sometimes do have our squabbles...but they are fewer and farther btw.......hopes all goes well and please keep us informed....

Your furever admirer,
Woody Hayes and his bruder Romeo

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Esther! Keeping our paws crossed that they don't find out about your past indiscretions :) Can't wait to see pictures when you get him home!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Handsome hound! We have our paws crossed for you, Esther! We drool over the Bellyrubs adoptees all the time!! ...Have to wait til we're out of the terrible twos stage before considering getting another pupper, though ;)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts