Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested there is a K9 Carnival this Saturday (May 10, 10 a.m. -3 p.m.) in Virginia Beach, VA at Red Wing Park. I've never taken my dogs, but I have worked at the event. It's loads of fun! My husband has to work and I cannot handle my dogs alone so I'm still trying to get one of my friends to go with me.

~Heather

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just wondered if you went and if so, any pictures???? B) Sorry I didn't know sooner, I would love to have gone--it's just 1 hr. and 45 mins from me.

E & B

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't able to go. :( Like I said my husband had to work and there was no way I could've handled the dogs on my own. Then of course my sister in law tells me today that she would've gone with me. It's a yearly thing so I'll try again next year.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, it's good to know the date of this year's (I'm in Norfolk and don't usually know what's going on in VA Beach anymore). I did go to last year's. It was kinda boring, but I enjoyed seeing all the different dogs. I'm going to call my dad and see if he's working it again this year. Well, called my dad and he works from 1-3. I would like to go. I have to be up at school until noonish, then pick up the dogs and then I'm going to head out there. Don't know what time you plan on being there, but if we're there at the same time I'll probably see you...the times I've gone there haven't been many Bassets there.

~Heather

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ended up going to the Karnival. It was very interesting seeing all the different dogs. Penni loved hanging out with the other dogs so I know she loved it! We even saw her brother there which was neat. Did you end up going?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did go. We met 4 other Bassets, but saw 6, didn't make it over to the other 2. What time were you there? I swear I saw a pup that looked like Penelope, but we didn't get to go over to her. I was there from 2-3 walking around with my dad. My dad was the clown walking around. My girl Lily was all about meeting as many people/dogs she could. Gibbs just turned his back on the other dogs who tried to greet him, but accepted pets from people. Glad I went, plan on going again next year.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was your dad the clown with the imaginary dog? If so, we talked to him. My daughter thought he was hilarious. I looked for your dogs, but all the bassets I saw were different colors than yours. I had a stroller with me, too. We were there from 1 to 4. The heat got unbearable, LOL. I can't wait until next year. Does this area ever have any other dog events?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, my dad was the clown with the "Watch Dog" named Timex. =) While I was there he walked my dogs around...a clown walking clown dogs. I don't know about any other dog events around here...the only reason I began going to K9 Karnival was because my dad works it each year. Wonder how we could find out about more events? I do know that Red Mill park (where the Karnival was) has a dog park and there's one in Chesapeake, but that's all I know about.

~Heather

·
Registered
160 Posts
If I hear of any events I will let you know. They have to have them somewhere, lol. I know Care-A-Lot did a little fun thing for dogs a few weeks ago but I didn't go because Penny was to little.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've never taken my dogs to a dog park before, not sure how Gibbs would do. He likes Lily, but doesn't really care for other dogs. Lily would have a blast though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts