Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Henry's going on three. He was a rescue when I got him last December, and did a good bit of chewing things early on. However, over the last two or three months I've been able to leave him alone occasionally in the house for several hours with free reign, and he hasn't been chewing.

Today, however, I left my wallet in the car while in a meeting, and guess what. Destroyed! I think he ate a little of it before it got under the seat. Contents are all OK. And, shoot, I got the thing in a small town in Italy about three years ago. Nicest wallet I ever had. Should I board Henry and go back to Italy?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sound like you were hooched. At least he didn't eat the back of the car seat etc.
You have to love them. When my cats fight at 3 AM I just chant to myself I love my cats I love my cats. I imagine Charlie my basset does the same thing he hates being woke up.
Stephanie

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Should I board Henry and go back to Italy?
[/b]
Sounds like a plan. :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, looking in my new wallet, which I just bought on sale at Macy's, I couldn't seem to locate any spare cash to float an Italian venture right now.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You'd better check your credit card statement carefully next month! He probably also went on a cell phone shopping spree when he got done chewing the wallet. He was probably just working off some energy from being left alone and needed to do something comforting: chew. Something expensive. To smithereens.

:blink:

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I was wondering if Emma marked me, when she was a puppy.
I realized that most of the things I wore and had with me, beared
her teeth marks.

My cloths were full of hair and drool, and probably smelled a bit like her.
My glasses were chewed on, my pencil, my cell phone etc etc.

Maybe it's a way of telling other dogs that this slave is occupied! :lol:

--------------------
<span style="color:#009900">The one that drools rules, :p
Steinar - daddy and foodslave to Emma and Doris!

http://www.basset-hound.net.tf</span>

·
Registered
775 Posts
My two youngest ones chewed the whole arm of a loveseat this weekend. Thank goodness it was old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts