Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have spent tons to entertain my basset. kongs,edible nylabones, natural bones, balls, bully sticks, pig ears..but nothing is better then toliet paper, plastic bags, empty paper towel rolls, pillows, socks, towels, used dryer sheets, assorted outside debris..you would think she never was fed.........GO FiGURE
maybe its just my basset.

[ March 21, 2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: jmm ]

A

·
0 Posts
They're like babies, the grandparents spend hundreds of dollars on toys and treats and all the little ones want to play with are a set of keys or all the wrapping paper.
I stopped buying toys for Franny, they're a waste of money with this dog. :roll:

·
Registered
775 Posts
One of Coppers favorite "toys" is an empty soda bottle. He will play with one forever.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nope, it's not just your dog. The TP, cardboard tubes, drier sheets (which you'd think would taste really nasty?), plastic bottles, hats, gloves, and boots are great favorites in our house. And action figures--my sons have more action figures that are horribly mauled! They look like post-apocalyptic war vetrans.

I think dogs like to 'kill' plastic bottles because of that interesting sound they make when crushed. :D

Daisy Jayne can also open bottles and jugs of water, as if she had hands. Guess she has a preference for bottled water...or toilet water-- both are OK in her book. :D

When I buy her toys, she plays with them til they're comletely in tatters, rips up the tatters, then goes right back to whatever 'garbage' she can find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts