Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
331 Posts

FC Y. Lee Coyote GRC, GBC, MHH
Reserve hound of the year - Grand champion class
Notice the short ears, long, skinny legs and shallow chest of the "typical" field dog. Now lets see a picture of a fat, overweight show winner that looks like it couldn't run 100 yds even for food. By the way, I believe the standard states the chest should be 2/3 of the shoulder height.
There were many field trial bassets that met the typical image, but now most are much better, just as the show dogs were over-stuffed pillows. The hunting bassets in the AHBA have always been decent hounds. They have to run for hours, so decent conformation is necessary.
If you have a chance, please come to the AHBA hunts on Labor Day weekend in PA. Any person who appreciates hunting hounds will enjoy watching some of the best HUNTING bassets in the country.

· Registered
331 Posts
I mentioned earlier that Y. Lee Coyote is a pest!!! I put his latest girl friend in a small pen. He had gone over the 4' chainlink until I put a hot-wire around the top. He tore the fabric of the gate once and tore the gate off the hinges once. This boy is nothing but determined !! You can see the hose clamps used to repair the gate. There are several missing, but he made it through. There were tie-wires, cable ties and clamps holding the fabric.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.